Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine's Day... do other pregnant women give a damn about this holiday?

I surely don't care about Valentine's day this year!! First off we can't top last year where we went to Lady Antebellum! Secondly, I'm really not in charge of my life and therefore making plans is just about pointless...

We decided to risk it yesterday anyway... We got giftcards for christmas and we decided it was finally time to cash them in... We looked up the menus for the restaurants that one was good for and both decided on Rooster's in Layton! mmmmmmmm

Man dinner was tasty!! Seriously so good! Yummy onion rings. Yummy salad. Yummy raspberry lemonade. Just plain yummy!!!

It was really nice to just get out of the house and spend some time with Bryce that didn't involve shopping, kids, grandparents... Just us! It had been a long time! We got there a bit early but that was with the intention of going to a movie afterwards. It was nice to have a nearly empty restaurant! We just got to sit there and talk! much needed time together!!! We didn't talk school or work. We talked beer and wine. We talked about us. We just spent good quality time together!!

.......... then the pain hit me..........

BIG TIME!

to the point that I was incredibly grateful that we picked Roosters in Layton and not Union Station in Ogden... I wouldn't have been able to make that long of a drive home. I was barely able to make the drive home from Layton. I had to recline the chair back and just pray that Bryce didn't get in an accident (which he didn't!).

even today, the next day, the pain is still out of control... I'd call the dr but what is the point... I'll just be asked to pee in a cup and the results will be negative and they'll tell me to take it easy and good luck...

If one more person tells me to buck up, or get over it, or learn to deal with it, or whatever else hateful things people have said to me, i may scream! I'm sorry that the pain makes it so that I nearly pass out... I'm sorry that I miss events, parties, holidays, etc because I'm on bedrest and in too much pain to make an hour long drive... I'm taking care of my little man and he is my top priority! Can't wait to meet the little stinker! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment