Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I'm thankful that the morning (ALL DAMN DAY!!) sickness has gone away so that I'm able to cook dinner for my family!!

We made everything...

yummy turkey stuffed with lemons, oranges, thyme, rosemary, and garlic! 

mashed potatoes and gravy

yams with marshmellows

fresh rolls

stuffing, the only kind worth eating... Stove Top all the way!

and pumpkin pie with fresh whip cream!

wow everything turned out DELISH! I was highly impressed! Neither Bryce or I had ever made a turkey before! It turned out so yummy and juicy and the gravy was perfect, made from the drippings. I bought jarred gravy just in case the gravy was a bust, but after making it with my Grandma Elaine on Sunday, it turned out perfect... 

It was really nice having Bryce's dad, Bob, over for dinner. He came over early and it was adorable to hear Coen playing with his grandpa. They don't really see each other very often but they had a blast wrestling around. Bob kept throwing him on the couch and Coen was throwing pillows at him. They had a blast. 

I loved being able to tell someone else. We dropped the bomb right before we started eating. Coen was so excited to tell someone! He is just itching to be able to tell everyone! Bob is excited for us. He has 3 grandkids from Bryce's step brother, 2 girls and 1 boy. The boy is just a baby so I think that is why Bob and Coen had so much fun together wrestling around.

No comments:

Post a Comment