Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Decisions Decisions...

Bryce and I met in 2009... both were fresh off of divorces... neither were looking for anything real...

3 years later, wow!! how things have changed! In 8 short days, we will have been together for 3 years...

Originally our plan was to get married on September 15, 2012... In 2011, we had a lot of drama, lets call them speed bumps in our relationship...

In January 2012, we made a monumental decision! We decided to call off our wedding (for now), and instead focus on having a baby! We also decided that we weren't going to tell anyone at all!

On May 2nd, after finishing my final exams for the semester, I had got off of birth control. Our plan was not to try, but to just stop preventing. That didn't last long. We'd honestly expected to get pregnant quickly. Month after month went buy with nothing but negative tests...

This turned out to be the most taxing thing that we'd ever been through. We were officially trying, calculating my cycle, changing my diet, I was on prenatal vitamins... the works... still nothing...

This period of time was a lot more difficult that either of us had expected. It really took a toll on us emotionally. I'm glad that we chose to not tell anyone, but it was difficult for us to go thru it alone.

1 comment:

  1. Trying to get pregnant or just seeing what happens is extremely difficult! Once you make that decision, you know what you want, a baby. So it's hard to not get your hopes up every month. I remember how I felt after a years worth of negatives, to finally feel myself giving up and get that positive! I am so shocked you guys kept it a secret for so long! Way to go!! :-)

    ReplyDelete