Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What is that I see??

On September 28th, Bryce and I went on an awesome date. We were finally able to get a baby sitter. My mom was recovering from a rather extensive back surgery and after 3 months, we finally felt comfortable enough to allow Coen to spend the night... which turned to spending the weekend!

On the morning of September 29th, I woke up really really wanting to take a pregnancy test. I was planning on taking one on October 1st and Bryce thought that I should be patient...

What he didn't know was that while he was taking out the dog, I snuck upstairs and took a pregnancy test! I couldn't even wait the full 3 minutes! I took a peak at the test...

I grabbed it, ran down the stairs, and instantly started bawling when I saw Bryce... He honestly wasn't sure what was going on... then he saw the pregnancy test and I managed to say, "there are 2 lines"... I fell into his arms still crying...

tears of relief, tears of excitement, happy tears, holy shit we're having a baby tears... all sorts of tears!

We went to a doctor and had the pregnancy confirmed... I cannot believe that our journey had finally begun and in 8-9 months, we'd be a family of 4...

I'm calling this blog poppyseed because that is the size of our little one at the time we found out that we were pregnant!

Baby Martinez due June 6, 2013!!



Hopefully he/she doesn't come too early and land on Coen's bday! (May 23rd!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment